My Whole Self is the campaign for workplace culture change from Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England.
It aims to create a workplace culture where people have the safety and freedom to choose which parts of their identity they share at work, without fear of judgement.
MHFA England is a social enterprise on a mission to train one in ten people in mental health awareness and skills. Through training and campaigning it equips people with the skills they need to support their own and others’ wellbeing.
Why do I support this campaign?
- Ten years ago, I experienced crying every night for six months at the thought of going in to work the next morning and I hate to think that anyone else would have to go through that.
- I want to encourage conversations around the barriers to bringing ‘My Whole Self’ to work so that real issues can be addressed.
- I believe freedom to be who we are, is the greatest gift in life and anything less, is not living.
- I’ve trained with MHFA England and work closely with the team to provide mental health awareness and mental health First Aid training at my workplace.
- The why? of the campaign: Bringing together diversity and inclusion with health and wellbeing will drive a positive transformation in workplace mental health and performance
How you can get involved